Healthy Families provides prevention programs aimed to help young women build healthy families by providing the support needed to create healthy homes. During home visitation mentors provide mothers and families who are expecting (prenatally) or have infants/children 0 -6 years of age with information
* Support in areas of positive-child relationships
* Increasing parenting knowledge
* Promoting family wellness fostering healthy child development
* Creating a safe stimulating home environment
* Support to access a network of formal and informal services and supports in the community.
As a further extension we provide long term support in response to the concern of substance use during pregnancy. Mentors work directly with participants offering personalized services for 3 years.
What can you expect:
* Support to improve health of women and their children,
* Making steps towards a healthy independent lifestyle
* Connecting women to resources in their community.
This program is for women who are pregnant or up to six months post partum, that self report alcohol and/or drug use during pregnancy and are ineffectively engaged with community or women who have delivered a child with fetal alcohol spectrum disorder and/or are using alcohol in childbearing years. Program is voluntary, with no fee.
Healthy Families operates out of the CAFCL office in Camrose, as well as from offices in Tofield, Wainwright, Killam and Provost.
Community Kitchens are offered once per month in Camrose, Tofield, Wainwright and Provost. These kitchens offer unique group-cooking opportunity for families to come together and cook healthy meals at a very minimal cost to people in the program.
Camrose: (780) 672-0257
Bashaw: (780) 372-4074
Killam and Flagstaff County: (780) 385-3976
Town and MD of Wainwright: (780) 842-5481
Town and MD of Provost (780) 753-2289
Tofield (780) 662-7063
Viking (780) 336-4024