We have adopted elements from the Carver Model of Board Governance. This means that the Board focuses on setting long-term outcomes (results), and the CEO is responsible for achieving the desired results. The Board does not deal with the day to day operations of CAFCL.
• 9-10 meetings a year; usually the 4th Monday of the month
• Some years we have a 1 full day Board development/ planning meeting
• Board members may be called upon to represent CAFCL in the community or to partake in special events, and an ad hoc committee
• Board members are expected to support fund development activities / initiatives (e.g. our charity auction)
• Board Members are provided with a thorough orientation prior to assuming their position
The Board of Directors of CAFCL performs a vital role in the continuing success of the Camrose Association for Community Living. It is responsible for:
• Defining CAFCL’s reason for existence (i.e. setting CAFCL’s overall direction)
• Providing accountability and linkage to the community (i.e. representing/ being ambassadors for CAFCL with community and stakeholders)
• Defining how the Board will organize itself to get its work done (i.e. Board meeting structure, individual responsibilities, involvement with the community)
• Defining the limits on the Chief Executive Officer’s authority and action (i.e. the CEO is responsible for CAFCL’s daily operations and is directly responsible & accountable to the Board)
• Advocating on behalf of CAFCL and our clients to bring about needed change
• Taking part in fundraising activities as necessary
Back Row: Aaron Leckie (2nd Vice President), Bart Orr (Director), Keith Lyseng (Past President), Bruce Pound (Director), Andrea Taeger (Director)
Front Row: Anna Harder (Treasurer), Kristy Smith (1st Vice President), Robin Good (CEO & Secretary), Michelle Colombijn (Director), Andrea Campbell (President)
Make A Difference
Every gift you give to the Camrose Association for Community Living helps transform the life of an individual; helping the people we serve to develop skills, build quality of life and become fully accepted, participating community members.
CAFCL office is open to the public. When you visit you will be asked to follow a screening process, wear a mask and adhere to Alberta Health Services recommendations. We also have a secure mailbox located outside the front door. If you want you can call ahead and speak to reception and they can meet you outside the front door if that works better for you!